Upplands Väsby, Sweden, October 17, 2006 – Eizo Europe AB (“EIZO”) today announced the addition of the 19-inch FlexScan S1911. This model follow four models released in June and September – the S1931, S1921, S1721 and the S1701 – to form a lineup of five monitors that look and perform almost the same, but offer a variety of size, panel, stand, speaker, and color combinations. Not only can individual users choose monitors specific to their needs, but it is now easy for corporations and government to purchase monitors that satisfy the slightly varying requirements of their employees.
The different models are characterized by the following.
1. Screen Size – 19" and 17" sizes.
2. Panel Technology – VA (vertical alignment) and TN (twisted neumatic) panels with or without overdrive circuits for smoother motion picture playback are available. VA panels are better for color work and offer wider viewing angles and contrast ratios whereas TN panels provide faster response times and are more economical. VA panels come with the option of an upstream USB port which allows the use of EIZO’s ScreenManager® Pro for LCD software2 for navigating the monitor’s OSD menu with the mouse or keyboard instead of the monitor’s buttons.
3. Audio Capability – speakers are integrated into the back of the cabinet.
4. Stand Type – Height adjustable stand and EIZO’s ArcSwing 2 stand. The former has a height adjustment range of 100 mm, tilt and swivel angles of 30° and 70°, and pivots 90° for portrait mode. The ArcSwing 2 stand features a curved range of movement so the screen can be positioned at eye level or at a low angle akin to reading a book.
5. Cabinet Color –Choice of gray or black.
Features common to all models – regardless of which combination is chosen – are as follows.
- 1280 x 1024 native resolution.
- One DVI-D (digital) and D-sub (analog) input.